Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done for your Mustang lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIGONTS View Post

Thanks. No thread. Just decided to share a bit. Don't post much anywhere. I'll keep you posted.
    Post up a build thread! That looks awesome! I love the widened wheels. I have a set of Pony R wheels with fronts that were narrowed by Weldcraft.

20160821_194027.jpg
    -Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Comment

• Originally posted by MGLT View Post

Post up a build thread! That looks awesome! I love the widened wheels. I have a set of Pony R wheels with fronts that were narrowed by Weldcraft.

20160821_194027.jpg
      That looks awesome. Thanks. I might post up more pics.

Comment

• IMG_6824.jpg
        Upgraded my rear calipers to the 93-97 Taurus Varga 43mm ones, direct swap supposed to help balance out the bias when using larger brakes up front. (not my photo)
        Attached Files
        -Dale
        CMC SN95 Crew #002
        Low dyno numbers/respectable ET member #001

OCD GT (click)

|CMC| Chicagoland Mustang Club, YOUR Chicago Illinois based Mustang Club

Comment

• Originally posted by FastGT94 View Post
          IMG_6824.jpg
          Upgraded my rear calipers to the 93-97 Taurus Varga 43mm ones, direct swap supposed to help balance out the bias when using larger brakes up front. (not my photo)
          It's really a direct swap? As in, remove caliper, remove bracket...install new bracket, install new caliper? Or does it even use the same bracket?

Does it use the same pad?

BIGONTS I thought those wheels were 4 lug?
          Last edited by DarkShadow04; 01-09-2021, 04:52 PM.

2004 SVT Cobra

Comment

• Bump.

I've just been hoarding parts for the '90 over the last few weeks and continuing slow and steady work on the '88. The '88 is just about ready to come off of the lift for the time being, so I can pull the trans out of the '90. I need to have an SFI bellhousing installed on my AOD and also get a new torque converter. Otherwise I just recently acquired the bellhousing, Team Z motor and mid plate, and a Meziere billet flexplate. I'm hoping to start making some steady progress on my new engine and turbo build very soon.
            -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Comment

• I seam sealed and painted the underside of the '88 today. I'll snap some pics this week. For now, my plan is to put the exhaust back on it and move it out of the way so I can start on swapping engines in my '90.
              -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkShadow04 View Post

It's really a direct swap? As in, remove caliper, remove bracket...install new bracket, install new caliper? Or does it even use the same bracket?

Does it use the same pad?

BIGONTS I thought those wheels were 4 lug?
                100% swap DarkShadow04 same line, bracket, rotor, pad etc... just new crush washers for the banjo bolt and bleed the rears.
                -Dale
                CMC SN95 Crew #002
                Low dyno numbers/respectable ET member #001

OCD GT (click)

|CMC| Chicagoland Mustang Club, YOUR Chicago Illinois based Mustang Club

Comment

• Originally posted by FastGT94 View Post

100% swap DarkShadow04 same line, bracket, rotor, pad etc... just new crush washers for the banjo bolt and bleed the rears.
                  Noice.

I think I may do this swap this summer. It may help balance the front Brembos a little bit more.

2004 SVT Cobra

Comment

• I forgot to post the most recent shop update from last week.

Streetcar Shenanigan's has the engine back in the car. It looks so good with all the fancy powder coated parts! Hopefully they can get it on the dyno soon.

Engine Bay.PNG

2004 SVT Cobra

Comment

• I'm sitting here anxiously awaiting for parts to arrive today . My fuel system from Behind Bars Race Cars will be here sometime today. I also found a local trans shop that can install my SFI bell housing. I should have some decent updates this weekend.
                      -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Comment

• I finished up wiring up my a-pillar gauges this weekend.

Last edited by DarkShadow04; 04-06-2021, 01:41 PM. Reason: fixed picture size

2004 SVT Cobra

Comment

• I took my 2011 GT 500 to Ponies in the Smokies 2021 last week. Of course I did the Tail on the Dragon and all the other cool roads. My car was in the inside display 58 years of Mustangs and won the best in 5th generation. I cant wait to go back next year.
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                          X