Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New owner in west suburbs

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

Default New owner in west suburbs

Always loved the mustangs, so this middle aged man finally bought one. Last year I purchased a base model 2016 ruby red gt, just over 3k miles. I am happy to say that it has 6k miles now. The stock exhaust was just way too weak for a v8 and my older ears canít take the corsa extreme 5000 decibels 😁. So I had a magna flow street cat back installed by my local Midas shop am am very pleased with its sound and craftsmanship. I have photos but not sure how to get them from my phone to this web site. Weekend morning cruises is what I like to do, a Dunkiní coffee, tunes on Pandora , and I drive with my bro and his c5 corvette. We are always lookin for new people to cruise along with and if interested just post up here. We usually meet up at the Dunkiní in Elgin at McLean Blvd. Happy cruising!

^ Amateur Using Nitrous Oxide CMC Administrator MGLT's Avatar

Welcome to the club!

Post up some pictures of the ride! For directions on picture posting, check out this thread http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/fo...CMC-*tutorial* I recommend using imgur.com over photobucket though. imgur is free whereas photobucket costs money these days.

If you're into drag racing or curious to see what your car can do in the 1/4 mile, check out our upcoming track rental at Great Lakes Dragway in September
    http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/fo...79#post1775379
    -Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

https://imgur.com/a/BofHnh1

The three cars at starved rock
    The magna flow tips
    The four cars at dunkin

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

Has anyone tried looking at the pic links, not sure if they even work.

CMC Derpminstrator CMC Administrator willyt's Avatar

Yep, they work! Welcome!
    hi

Nice ride. Welcome!
    USN 1997-2006 Honorable Discharge

2006 Mustang GT w/black leather interior-Magnaflow Axle-Back, BBK CAI, 4:10s, Push Button Start, Steeda Ultralites, Brenspeed SCT X3 93 octane tune.
    Awaiting to install: BBK Longtube Headers, BBK X-pipe, Hot Rod cam.

Good looking car! Welcome to the club! Check out our private track rental in March if you're into drag racing.

http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/fo...02#post1775402
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

My brother and I are going to byrondragway on Saturday July 25. This will be my first time down a drag strip, while my bro has done it a few times. Being that I am so newb to this, if anyone has any tips, info, or anything else to suggest. Please post. I have an open face helmet, and know I have to wear long pants. Being that my car is stock, I donít think I have to do anything to the car for track , like a drive shaft loop. Help a newbie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2016gt View Post
    My brother and I are going to byrondragway on Saturday July 25. This will be my first time down a drag strip, while my bro has done it a few times. Being that I am so newb to this, if anyone has any tips, info, or anything else to suggest. Please post. I have an open face helmet, and know I have to wear long pants. Being that my car is stock, I don’t think I have to do anything to the car for track , like a drive shaft loop. Help a newbie!!
    With a stock car, you will be fine.

The one tip I always give newbies, is the lane on the return road side always exits the track first. At Byron, the return road is on the left side of the track. If you're in the right lane and get to the end of the track way ahead of the other car, come to a stop and wait for the car in the left lane to catch up and exit. You don't want to cut across the track in front of the other car, just in case it can't slow down enough to make the turn.

Just have fun your first time out and don't beat yourself up over not running a certain time. Watch a few cars run first so you can see how staging works.
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Thread Information