Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CMC Track Rental Sponsored by D Mark Performance

Senior Member CMC CobraJet Johnny Horsepower's Avatar

Am I too late to reply sorry work was crazy yesterday and I forgot to come back on here
    94GT-bone stock.
    85GT-sold.

^ Amateur Using Nitrous Oxide CMC Administrator MGLT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Horsepower View Post
    Am I too late to reply sorry work was crazy yesterday and I forgot to come back on here
    Nope. I got busy with work yesterday and didn't talk to the track. You can still have a spot if you would like to race.
    -Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Racer entries are locked. Just submitted the entry list to the track.
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Track day is tomorrow morning!

It's going to be a warm day, so remember to wear or bring a pair of long pants and a shirt with sleeves (short sleeves okay). You will not be allowed to race in shorts or a tank top.

The track gates open at 10:30 AM and the track goes hot for racing at 12 PM. The track is ours until 5 PM, when gates open for public test and tune (which we are welcome to stay for at no cost).

When you arrive at the track, find a place to pit, and then go through tech inspection once your car is ready. The tech inspector will have the list of confirmed racers.

Once you're through tech inspection, hang out in the pit area until we get called to the staging lanes.

For any first timers at the drag strip, I recommend watching the first few cars to get an idea how staging works. There are laser beams across the track at the starting line. Slowly pull forward into the beams to light the top two bulbs on the tree. Once both drivers light the top two bulbs, the starter will activate the tree.

When exiting the track, the left lane should always exit first. If you are in the right lane, and finish way ahead of the car in the left lane, stop in your lane at the top end of the track and wait for the left lane car to exit first, or confirm that the car in the left lane didn't make it down the track. This is to prevent the possibility of turning across track and getting t-boned by a car that can't stop for the turn off.

If you have any questions at the track, come find me. I have the bright red fox body with a black hood. I'm usually easy to find.
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Thanks to all who came out and big thank you to Drew at D Mark Performance for sponsoring the event!
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Thread Information