Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Educate MG on Ceramic Coating

Caliphate of CMC CMC Boss460 DirtyDan10's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MGLT View Post
    From what I gather, it offers better protection than wax or synthetic wax like sealants, and it lasts for 1-2+ years. It can also prevent light swirls that may occur from regular washing.

The other thing I've read is easier and less frequent washing because it's super slick and doesn't let anything stick to the paint. Since I don't have as much time as I'd like to anymore for detailing, I like the one and done coating. It shouldn't need any attention for awhile since it's a garage queen.
    I like the one and done so after a while it fades away
    Tim Barth tuned
    --------------Secret Mod Racing INC. #9
    ---------------10th Anniversary Cobra Snob

-----------------------DirtyDan's Ride Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
    Dan you are my idol

Richard Cranium CMC Boss429 Tight Lines's Avatar
    2014 GT500 Sterling Gray
    2011 GT500 Race Red - SOLD
    2011 GTCS White - SOLD

Fuck Photobucket

Senior Member CMC SuperCobraJet ondeeeznuts's Avatar

Polish to show room shine like a baby’s ass and go to town, my stuff lasts about 3 years

^ Amateur Using Nitrous Oxide CMC Event Coordinator MGLT's Avatar

I might start polishing this weekend. I will post progress pictures as I go along. We all like pictures, right? lol
    -Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie! Winchester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MGLT View Post
    From what I gather, it offers better protection than wax or synthetic wax like sealants, and it lasts for 1-2+ years. It can also prevent light swirls that may occur from regular washing.

The other thing I've read is easier and less frequent washing because it's super slick and doesn't let anything stick to the paint. Since I don't have as much time as I'd like to anymore for detailing, I like the one and done coating. It shouldn't need any attention for awhile since it's a garage queen.
    I work at a restoration shop and we use Ceramic Pro. It supposed to protect the car from anything short of a direct strike
    from a 50 megaton warhead. All these places claim a lot but I really don't know how well this stuff works. When we do apply it to cars its only because the customer asks us too. The cars have usually just undergone a full restoration so I have never seen a difference. One thing I have noticed is when you go to the second step it makes the paint slick as all can be. But that's about all I can say on how it works.

As far as applying it be CAREFUL. If you put it on wrong and it gets hazy, its not coming off without a buffer. Also the combination of humidity and a black car or other dark color will cause problems 10 out of 10 times.
    I would also use some type of a pre-cleaner to make sure there is no wax what soever. We use RM900 and it seems to work pretty good.

I want to reiterate,this is my experience with Ceramic Pro. I have no clue how these other products work.
    “The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

― George Carlin (RIP)

Thread Information