Thread: Total destruction from 2005 Vintange car race

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie! Winchester's Avatar

Default Total destruction from 2005 Vintange car race

Cant remember if this was VSCDA or SVRA but this was the last race they put to many damn cars on the grid. Idiot in yellow camaro got banned for either 5 or 10 years if my memory is correct.
    And yes, that cobra is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzf9pM5S-vU
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

― George Carlin (RIP)

Caliphate of CMC CMC Boss460 DirtyDan10's Avatar

Damn that shit was pretty brutal cant imagine if the cobra was in place of the car who got on top of the other car
    Tim Barth tuned
    --------------Secret Mod Racing INC. #9
    ---------------10th Anniversary Cobra Snob

-----------------------DirtyDan's Ride Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
    Dan you are my idol

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie! Winchester's Avatar

My father use to race in that class until 2002 or 2003. He stopped because the amount of cars they take on was getting ridiculous. Lots of guys with money who race out west wont come to road America because of this. We do a decent amount of restorations on factory cars and our customers back up what my fathers main gripe was. Not to mention if you have seen enough vintages races you can almost tell which race is going to have an accident by watching guys jokey around for a position during warm up. Everyone was jockeying around hence the accident. I have pictures of a Daytona cobra we restored a few years ago. Was in a accident out west. I want to post them but I'm not supposed too. But since I'm getting closer to making my relocation more permanent I will in time. Cant wait to make the desert my home.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

― George Carlin (RIP)

CMC Derpminstrator CMC Administrator willyt's Avatar

I had to look up what BRIC was (Brian Redman International Challenge). Seems like it was a racing series that was under the VSCDA umbrella, but went under SVRA in 2006 and now it's called the Kohler International Challenge.

Money can buy you a nice race car, but it doesn't buy you experience in the seat.

Thread Information