Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok so There is a thread asking about lighting

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

Default Ok so There is a thread asking about lighting

I figured instead of high jacking i would just start a post that way its out there

So`I ordered the raxiom halo fog lights , still debating on their headlights so I'm staying with stock for the moment.

I will show the output shots of the stock and aftermarket fog lights with stock bulbs and then using GTR LED bulbs

Once i get the supernova V4 in ill show what the stock beam pattern looks like with the supernovas.

For now here are the shots of both stock and after market fog lights

Definitely a difference in the output pattern of the two with stock bulbs, I will post the same pictures tomorrow with the LED bulbs once they arrive

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

Ok so after testing the GTR LED 9005 bulbs the Raxiom Output didn't change only thing that changed was color

Now onto the GTR 9005 LED inside the stock housing. When you seat the bulb like normal the OUTPUT is horrible nothing like the top picture. After looking at it i see the issue the LEDS shine Up and down thus its being blocked the those like pieces on metal inside the housing. Ironically tho if you turn the bulb as if you were removing it the LED's Shine side ways and give the same exact look at the top picture.

As far as the GTR brightness and color well I am indifferent about them atm as the front bumper is off the car and sitting in the house while I wait on the back ordered Super novas for the head lights. the car isn't driven in the winter so time will tell

Are they brighter then stock bulbs yes how much brighter well i don't know for sure again testing is being done in the house so it could be different once one the car outside on the road take it for what its worth

I may for the hell of it remove the lease from both fog lights and remove the reflector in the stock and put it inside the Raxiom fogs im use to a sharp cut of from the hid on my truck and i prefer that over the scattered tree searching light output

If you stick the with stock fog light housing I would recommend the super nova perfect fit bulbs why because you actually can adjust the leds to shine up and down or rotate it to shine side to side
    Last edited by Code2; 01-11-2019 at 02:20 AM.

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

Im impressed first the ability to turn the LED to get as close to a stock bulb makes its really nice. They are bright VERY bright I will give them that

I hope this helps out someone it doesn't seem like this forum is very active

Stock housing Stock bulb

Stock housing Super Nova V4 LED

Driver

LED BULB LEDS on both sides. Mind you this does have a fan on the heat sink some may not care and some might I don't... its quiet and honestly if its in a mustang then chances are you can't even here your own thoughts while the car is running

Caliphate of CMC CMC Boss460 DirtyDan10's Avatar

How about some pics from inside the car looking out into a street
    Tim Barth tuned
    --------------Secret Mod Racing INC. #9
    ---------------10th Anniversary Cobra Snob

-----------------------DirtyDan's Ride Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
    Dan you are my idol

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan10 View Post
    How about some pics from inside the car looking out into a street
    you'll have a few months to wait LOL car is in the garage not moving in Chicago weather, nor driving as long as there is midwest destroys everything it touches salt on the ground.

shots from the inside are not going to change what you're already seeing from stock housings except that its brighter the pattern is almost the same. There is a video on youtube of a kid driving a silver mustang with shots from the inside but take that video for what its worth he wasn't using adjustable Led bulbs in the head lights and he was using Raxiom headlights so it looked jacked up clearly you can see he needs to rotate the led or the projector

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

Here is a shot of just the passengers light with the LED you get the idea of output and cut off bare in mind the pic is from my security camera and the front of car is in jack stands very little light scatter

"What happens in Vegas, Stays in KITT" CMC 289 krkitt1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Code2 View Post
    Here is a shot of just the passengers light with the LED you get the idea of output and cut off bare in mind the pic is from my security camera and the front of car is in jack stands very little light scatter

Ok, So these are the SuperNova?
    "What happens in Vegas, Stays in KITT"

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by krkitt1 View Post
    Ok, So these are the SuperNova?
    well that's what post 3 says right

Caliphate of CMC CMC Boss460 DirtyDan10's Avatar

i wouldnt blame him for not knowing you wrote a mini novel of a post bro
    Tim Barth tuned
    --------------Secret Mod Racing INC. #9
    ---------------10th Anniversary Cobra Snob

-----------------------DirtyDan's Ride Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
    Dan you are my idol

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan10 View Post
    i wouldnt blame him for not knowing you wrote a mini novel of a post bro
    Since when is 6 lines a mini novel?

That's why its a bit of a review people asked and I did it since I was doing it already, if simple reading and comprehension is two much I don't know what else to say. I'm not into coddling folks that cant take the time to briefly read a few post and rather have a short story picture book handed to them. Sorry if it sounds harsh but Im not one for wanting anything handed to me, I took hit on expense and taking the time to do the work, blindly spent the money and then take the time to post to help others at the very least one could take a moment and read after all it was free. But I get the gist of how it seems to be here. Ill keep the knowledge to myself from now on. BTW youre welcome mind you I also took the time out to grab shot of the output for you to see since you asked for one from inside which was not possible so the next best think was provided.

Simple thanks goes along way. Thanks for shedding the light on not posting information anymore to help others....
    Last edited by Code2; 02-07-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Thread Information