Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CombatMedic's '93 Coupe

Registered User CMC Newbie! CombatMedic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dh9250 View Post
    Very nice car and build. Zack is a great dude. I have one of his shortblock in my car and been running great. Keep up the great work and thread. Love all the pictures.
    Thank you!! Definitely good to hear your ZSR shortblock is running strong as Zach should be finishing up mine as we speak.
    '93 Coupe under construction...cage, mini-tubs and a N/A 363 in the works.

Not a ton of progress in the last month as I've changed directions on the build a bit. The chassis is on the back burner until after the holidays as I still need to make some decisions and take a trip to Indy to drop off some parts at the chassis shop. At this point, we've pretty much decided against trying to salvage the front frame rails, lower radiator support and fender skirts. The frame and radiator support aren't too bad, just a little dinged up, but the skirts had some really bad repairs and customization done by the previous owner. We found some rally crappy sheet metal work and a ton of bondo. Instead of spending a ton of time and $$ on repairs, we're going to end up doing some sort of tube front end. I just have to decide what we aren't going to cut off for ease of securing the fenders and hood. You know, "street car" stuff.

The 363 also got held up do to some build changes. Like I'd mentioned before, Zach had talked me into upgrading to a set of 225 High Ports and a larger custom H/R cam. Last week we also decided to ditch the Victor Jr in favor of a Super Victor. The engine will be done in the next couple of days, but Zach sent some teaser pics that I thought I'd share.

225 High Ports that Zach bowl blended and assembled with my LSx springs from FTI.

Completed longblock. Pump, pan, front cover and intake should go on today. Merry Christmas to me!
    Last edited by CombatMedic; 12-18-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Registered User CMC 281 JimmyGT's Avatar

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1995 White GT 5 speed
    2011 Silver SHO Taurus

Registered User CMC 281

Looks Great !!!!!!!!!!

At least someone is making progress...

Well, not a huge update as the chassis work has been on hold for a while as I've changed directions on the build a bit and am I'm getting ready to retire and move back to Chicagoland. The good thing is that at least Zach@ZSR has been working on my project. The 363 is now done and on its way to the shop...now I need to get the chassis ready to drop it in!

Registered User CMC Boss302 Coll Coll's Avatar

not much better than a fresh motor on a stand
    Fox Snob Club Member 0009

The good news is that the 363 and all of the extra parts made it safe and intact. The bad is that I had to have it sent straight to the chassis shop as I'm tearing down my current home in preparation for the move back to Chicagoland. It would have been nice to see it in person by now...

On a side note...after 4 years of being stuck in the Springfield area, I'd forgotten how expensive houses are in the N/W 'burbs! My girlfriend kept getting excited about some houses for sale in Park Ridge (where we have an apartment), but none would do unless it had at least a 2-car garage. Not a ton of those for sale in PR in a moderate price range. We've now expanded the search up to the Buffalo Grove area, so we are finding more and more prospects. At this point, I just want to get settled so I can get back to work on the coupe. Progress should happen again soon, I hope.
    Last edited by CombatMedic; 01-18-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Registered User CMC 302

that engine is sexy.

Good luck with the house hunt. From what I hear from my realtor (i'm looking for a house, just not in the chicagoland area) Feb-March is when houses start popping up more but there aren't a lot looking. That way you're less likely to be in a bidding war.
    I drive a Prius.... and an 88 Mustang GT. Guess which one is more fun.

Fat Tire Hotrods CMC SuperCobraJet strtcar's Avatar

I'm in Buffalo Grove, we could be neighbors, lol Where are you looking? I'm at Half Day (22) & Prairie... and I have to believe we are more expensive than Park Ridge and taxes are higher, yay.

Quote Originally Posted by CbyDesign View Post
    that engine is sexy.

Good luck with the house hunt. From what I hear from my realtor (i'm looking for a house, just not in the chicagoland area) Feb-March is when houses start popping up more but there aren't a lot looking. That way you're less likely to be in a bidding war.
    Thank you! Sucks that it's just an expensive paperweight for now.

We'll need some luck! Other than the interest rates going up, it does seem like a good time to be on the buying end at the moment.

Thread Information