Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has a kid in a car seat?

Bags tournament setter-upper CMC Event Coordinator ADDDave's Avatar

Default Who has a kid in a car seat?

And still cruises with their kid in their Mustang? I know it has to be rear facing until 2 years old. Wife is due in January with our first, will be back in the Mustang game in April/May-ish, and just doing some preliminary research. After having a convertible, they aren't really my thing, but I'm considering one due to ease of loading the kid back there. Just looking for some anecdotes on the subject and some pros/cons of kids/convertibles/car seats/etc.

I did find this thread, and RIP brick and mortar Babies R Us and I'll look into Maxi Cosi Seats as well. http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/fo...a-mustang-!-!-!
    #triple0crew

^ Amateur Using Nitrous Oxide CMC Event Coordinator MGLT's Avatar

@FastGT94 can probably chime in
    -Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Fat Tire Hotrods CMC SuperCobraJet strtcar's Avatar

Probably won't be rear facing for 2yrs depending on how big kid gets, expect for nobody to fit in the front passenger seat when baby seat is rear facing because youll have to have the front seat so far forward. It will suck for a few years, but it will get easier Congrats on the first.

Quote Originally Posted by strtcar View Post
    Probably won't be rear facing for 2yrs depending on how big kid gets, expect for nobody to fit in the front passenger seat when baby seat is rear facing because youll have to have the front seat so far forward. It will suck for a few years, but it will get easier Congrats on the first.
    Oh okay, I skimmed and didn't read the new law correctly. If they're over 40lbs or more than 4' tall (hopefully the kid gets my wife's height, but still, 4' at 4 years old?!) then I guess it doesn't have to be. But then it says "must be rear facing until 2 years old" it is oddly phrased, and I am not a smart man lol. https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/d...ildsafety.html

Yeah, @WhiteSmoke97 just made his wife sit in the back seat with the kid when they went to shows! LMFAO!!!!!!
    #triple0crew

Fat Tire Hotrods CMC SuperCobraJet strtcar's Avatar

Ahh new rules on rear facing i see. My kids were too big, not at 40lbs, but their legs where hitting the seat back rear facing so we turned them around front.

Quote Originally Posted by strtcar View Post
    Ahh new rules on rear facing i see. My kids were too big, not at 40lbs, but their legs where hitting the seat back rear facing so we turned them around front.
    Did you ever put a rear facing seat in the back of a Mustang?
    #triple0crew

Beer is good CMC Boss351 Five-0's Avatar

Rear facing in the back of a Mustang will render whatever seat is in front of it useless. In my wifes Jeep Compass, they passanger seat was basically pushed all the way for perspective. Much nicer with a van, lol

Ready for this... CMC Boss460 Chris91LX's Avatar

Congrats Dave! You should be looking at mini vans not Mustangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Rear facing in the back of a Mustang will render whatever seat is in front of it useless. In my wifes Jeep Compass, they passanger seat was basically pushed all the way for perspective. Much nicer with a van, lol
    haha yeah, that's fine, as long as it'll fit. That'll force her to drive her own anyway! LOL. Oh yeah, wife used to have a Patriot before her current Edge - those back seats were tiny. Such a small SUV, those Compasses/Patriots.
    #triple0crew

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91LX View Post
    Congrats Dave! You should be looking at mini vans not Mustangs.
    Thanks Chris! A car seat will fit just fine in both our dailies, but I need that fun car!
    #triple0crew

Thread Information