Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car stalls once warmed up help 98 gt

Registered User CMC Boss302 Coll Coll's Avatar

i would try the 24's and see what happens. no input on the timing option. Try one thing at a time
    Fox Snob Club Member 0009

Registered User CMC 289 saleendreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coll Coll View Post
    i would try the 24's and see what happens. no input on the timing option. Try one thing at a time
    yeah gonna try to adjust the spark first and see if I can find a set of injectors local to buy or trade for my 30s
    1996 mustang gt/saleen body kit sold
    1995 mustang gt current project

So update. I tried to reset base idle and this thing will not idle with the iac unplugged throttle screw out almost all the way. So. Not sure what that would mean but connected and warmed up just sitting it will idle no problem until I give it gas and let off then it messes up and stalls???

Quote Originally Posted by DynotuneMP View Post
    So did you figure it out?
    nope

Custom Tuner CMC Sponsor DynotuneMP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saleendreamer View Post
    So update. I tried to reset base idle and this thing will not idle with the iac unplugged throttle screw out almost all the way. So. Not sure what that would mean but connected and warmed up just sitting it will idle no problem until I give it gas and let off then it messes up and stalls???
    What do you mean out all the way? You should be turning it in until it will idle without the IAC hooked up. If you turn it in all the way and it still will not idle than odds are you have the JAM nut on the wrong side of the screw.
    www.DynotuneMP.com

847-347-5331 or email: Mike@DynotuneMP.com

We have the Lowest prices in Northern IL on Vortech,Paxton, and Pro-Charger super chargers.

We are now the largest Vortech and Paxton Supercharger dealer in Northern IL. Please contact us for the best prices around.

VISA & MASTERCARD accepted

What do you mean out all the way? You should be turning it in until it will idle without the IAC hooked up. If you turn it in all the way and it still will not idle than odds are you have the JAM nut on the wrong side of the screw.
    Sorry maybe I said that wrong I screwed the set screw in all the way as far as I could pushing on the throttle blade to open it up more and it still would not hold an idle with the IAC disconnect it and I don’t believe it has a jam nut

Quote Originally Posted by saleendreamer View Post
    Sorry maybe I said that wrong I screwed the set screw in all the way as far as I could pushing on the throttle blade to open it up more and it still would not hold an idle with the IAC disconnect it and I don’t believe it has a jam nut
    All the IAC is doing when you plug it in is giving it even more air which means its not getting enough air thru the throttle blade. If the screw is run in all the way and its still not getting enough air than the easy fix is get a longer screw.

Can you post up a PIC?
    www.DynotuneMP.com

We have the Lowest prices in Northern IL on Vortech,Paxton, and Pro-Charger super chargers.

We are now the largest Vortech and Paxton Supercharger dealer in Northern IL. Please contact us for the best prices around.

[QUOTE=DynotuneMP;1770281]All the IAC is doing when you plug it in is giving it even more air which means its not getting enough air thru the throttle blade. If the screw is run in all the way and its still not getting enough air than the easy fix is get a longer screw.

Yeah I can try to post a pic when I get home but I always have trouble with that. I will see what I can do. Thanks

All the IAC is doing when you plug it in is giving it even more air which means its not getting enough air thru the throttle blade. If the screw is run in all the way and its still not getting enough air than the easy fix is get a longer screw.

Can you post up a PIC?
    By chance do you have a number I could text that picture to? Thanks

So how's it going?
    www.DynotuneMP.com

Thread Information