Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car stalls once warmed up help 98 gt

Registered User CMC 289 saleendreamer's Avatar

Default Car stalls once warmed up help 98 gt

So I have a 98 Mustang GT just did stage to cams in Pi heads. Car has a 90 mm light mean maf 30lb injectors and your other basic bolt ons. Just fired it up seems to run fine cold but then wonít idle once it warms up. Goes down the road fine but wonít hold idle. It will start right back up but dies instantly if I donít give it gas. Any ideas would be appreciated I would love to drive my car this summer LOL . I have also checked fuel pressure already and it is good. Oh and I am running a bama tuner for the maf and injectors
    1996 mustang gt/saleen body kit sold
    1995 mustang gt current project

Senior Member CMC CobraJet

You need a real tune. Car won't be drive able unless you get it tuned for the cams.

2003 DSG Mustang GT TR3650 - stock
    2004 DSG Mustang Mach 1 4r75w - 436/377 unlocked. 452/386 locked. Intercooled Vortech V1 S trim, Circle D 4c converter, BCA valve body, VRS o/r x pipe. 11.37 @ 120.72mph 1.63 60'

I am contacting bama about getting a custom tune just to get me by.

Also don’t think that explains why it won’t be idle once it warms up but fine for a few minute when first starts

Senior Member CMC SuperCobraJet ModularMadMan's Avatar
    From Donald Trump's "Basket Of Deplorables"

Quote Originally Posted by saleendreamer View Post
    Also don’t think that explains why it won’t be idle once it warms up but fine for a few minute when first starts
    Open Loop = cold engine

Closed Loop = warm engine

Like blownstang said: You need a dyno tune.

Non Dyno canned & tweaked tunes are risky. Just one WOT lean burn and your engine is toast.

A stoichiometric gauge would be a wise investment for your car too.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Post Dislike Butthurt Victims Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

So you’re telling me every time I put a mod on my car I have to tow it to the tuning shop??? No I am trying to figure out a basic running issue before I consider dropping that kind of coin. I get that the dino tuning is the way to go with my mods but I should be able to at least get base drivability out of it as it is. I know a couple people with these kinds of mods and There cars are running fine with a different tune in besides dyno so just want to solve this basic issue and that is in my future plans

Registered User CMC Boss302 Coll Coll's Avatar

Throwing any codes? Start with the simple stuff, check the iac. Could definitely be tune related though. Also, why 30lb injectors, seems excessive.
    Last edited by Coll Coll; 07-16-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    Fox Snob Club Member 0009

I thought they would be ok had a nice set sitting around and there is a setting for them in my tuner so thought ok for now was gonna look for a set of 24s figured those would be more suitable
    And no codes

Custom Tuner CMC Sponsor DynotuneMP's Avatar

Does your Handheld tuner have a option for the 90mm MAF? Your car came with a 80mm MAF so the cars computer is running of the 80mm MAF's Transfer function. Changing the MAF without updating the tune for the MAF will cause it to run extremely lean. You can see this in the SHFT trims when you data log. You are data logging to solve the issue correct?
    www.DynotuneMP.com

847-347-5331 or email: Mike@DynotuneMP.com

We have the Lowest prices in Northern IL on Vortech,Paxton, and Pro-Charger super chargers.

We are now one of the largest Vortech and Paxton Supercharger dealer in IL. Please contact us for the best prices around.

VISA & MASTERCARD accepted

Senior Member CMC CobraJet

Quote Originally Posted by saleendreamer View Post
    So you’re telling me every time I put a mod on my car I have to tow it to the tuning shop??? No I am trying to figure out a basic running issue before I consider dropping that kind of coin. I get that the dino tuning is the way to go with my mods but I should be able to at least get base drivability out of it as it is. I know a couple people with these kinds of mods and There cars are running fine with a different tune in besides dyno so just want to solve this basic issue and that is in my future plans

You don't need to tow it. Any tuner should be able to give you a drive ability tune, but to really dial the car in so you can have fun with it you need a dyno tune or email tune where you do the logging and send files back and forth to get the tune right. Bama is not a first choice for many people for a reason. You have a Mustang dyno tuner down in the next town over from you along with other local options. Can always do the remote dyno tune or email tune if you have a preference for someone that is not local.

2003 DSG Mustang GT TR3650 - stock
    2004 DSG Mustang Mach 1 4r75w - 436/377 unlocked. 452/386 locked. Intercooled Vortech V1 S trim, Circle D 4c converter, BCA valve body, VRS o/r x pipe. 11.37 @ 120.72mph 1.63 60'

Thread Information