Thread: Off Road pipe/no cats and O2 Sensors... what do I need?

Senior Member CMC CobraJet Marioski's Avatar

Default Off Road pipe/no cats and O2 Sensors... what do I need?

Going to finally drop in an off road xpipe with (no cats) with 02 bungs on my 01 GT. Currently running a tune with the factory cats. Do I need to pick up a set of MIL eliminators for the front and back O2 sensors or just get an updated tune to turn off the O2's and specify I'm running an off road pipe will work? Would that hurt anything as far as fuel/air ratio (not sure how that works). Also as an FYI, the car is emissions exempt at the moment and hopefully will be moving forward.
    -Mario
    2001 GT 5-Speed
    money pit

Senior Member CMC CobraJet

You don't need MIL eliminators for the front. Your afr is read off your front 02's. Rears are only for emissions purposes. If you plan to be exempt in the future just have your tuner send you a tune with the rears turned off. Your other option is using the MIL eliminators, which don't always work, or double stacked spark plug non foulers in the bungs.

2003 DSG Mustang GT TR3650 - stock
    2004 DSG Mustang Mach 1 4r75w - 436/377 unlocked. 452/386 locked. Intercooled Vortech V1 S trim, Circle D 4c converter, BCA valve body, VRS o/r x pipe. 11.37 @ 120.72mph 1.63 60'

Senior Member CMC CobraJet Marioski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blownstang View Post
    You don't need MIL eliminators for the front. Your afr is read off your front 02's. Rears are only for emissions purposes. If you plan to be exempt in the future just have your tuner send you a tune with the rears turned off. Your other option is using the MIL eliminators, which don't always work, or double stacked spark plug non foulers in the bungs.
    Thank you sir!
    -Mario
    2001 GT 5-Speed
    money pit

Thread Information