Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MGLT's Daily - 2017 Escape Titanium

Senior Member CMC SuperCobraJet edsvert's Avatar

congrats on the Daily. would be my choice for a small SUV.

Youth Marketing Manager CMC 281 ethan3w's Avatar

nice car!
    2017 Mustang GT in Grabber Blue GBMR: 1250
    "Blew Bye"
    Premium: Black Pack w/ Black roof, 401A, 6 speed
    Mods: AWE Touring Exhaust

Registered User CMC Boss302 Trunkback's Avatar

Damn I really like the color/wheel combo. I would love to drive this on the daily!
    Electric red 93 lx notch - Just an old 4 cyl..
    Vibrant red 93lx hatch - sold
    Scarlet red 89 lx vert - 56k miles and counting

^ Amateur Using Nitrous Oxide CMC Event Coordinator MGLT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkback View Post
    Damn I really like the color/wheel combo. I would love to drive this on the daily!
    Thank you! That was what sold me on it. Silver is awesome for a daily too. It looks nice when it's clean, and it hides dirt too.

Today my set of Husky Floor Liners arrived. They fit really nicely. Definitely on par with WeatherTech, but a little cheaper.
    -Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Bags tournament setter-upper CMC Event Coordinator ADDDave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MGLT View Post
    Today my set of Husky Floor Liners arrived. They fit really nicely. Definitely on par with WeatherTech, but a little cheaper.
    I accidentally bought some Husky Floor liners, when I meant to buy WeatherTechs, for Katie's Edge and I love how they fit. I'm now a Husky man. Hm, that sounds weird.
    #triple0crew

Quote Originally Posted by ADDDave View Post
    I accidentally bought some Husky Floor liners, when I meant to buy WeatherTechs, for Katie's Edge and I love how they fit. I'm now a Husky man. Hm, that sounds weird.
    I like the Husky Floor Liners better than WeatherTech. I have WeatherTechs in my Mustang. The Husky Liners in the Escape seem to have a slightly better fit. Both are good either way though. I liked that I saved about $50 buying the Husky Liners though and as far as I know, they are also manufactured in the US.
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Senior Member CMC SuperCobraJet edsvert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MGLT View Post
    I like the Husky Floor Liners better than WeatherTech. I have WeatherTechs in my Mustang. The Husky Liners in the Escape seem to have a slightly better fit. Both are good either way though. I liked that I saved about $50 buying the Husky Liners though and as far as I know, they are also manufactured in the US.
    Had Huskie's in my explorer for years and held up quite well. A very good alternative to Weathertech definitely.

Senior Member CMC CobraJet RatedSVT's Avatar

This thing tuned yet?
    2011: SVT Raptor (Blue Flame Mettalic)
    2009: Shelby GT500 (Vapor Silver)
    1988: LX Hatchback (Dark Shadow Gray)

2 year review time...

I've owned this thing for just over 2 years now and it's been great. Just under 40,000 miles now with no real issues and it's been enjoyable to drive.

The interior quality is better than any of my previous Fords. It still has cheap rubber and plastics, but there are no rattles or things falling apart as what used to be expected on lower end domestic cars. Fit and finish is all around pretty good and the interior is about what I expected at it's price point. The seats are really comfortable and supportive, although they are a little narrow which a bigger driver may not like.

The 2.0 ecoboost is the perfect powerplant for this vehicle. It's really torquey down low and keeps pulling hard to make highway passing a breeze. Combined with AWD, this thing is a stoplight terror . 245 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque is just enough to make it not terribly boring to drive. The only downside is fuel efficiency is mediocre. I average a little over 21 mpg with mixed driving. That's a trade-off I can live with.

Built on the focus platform, it really feels like driving a car more so than an SUV. It handles well for what it is and it stops on a dime. I was skeptical about buying an SUV based off of the Focus, but I've been pleased with how agile it is and how comfortable the ride is.

Sync 3 is my favorite thing on the vehicle. I drive quite a bit in stop and go traffic and having Waze on the screen at all times with Android Auto helps make driving less painful. The Sony 10 speaker stereo isn't bad either. Not super powerful, but sound quality is good enough for the music I listen to while crawling in traffic.

A couple of weeks ago I took it on a ~2,300 Mile road trip through Canada. On day 1, we drove from the NW suburbs all the way to Montreal, Quebec. About 16 hours of driving in a day. For the most part I stayed comfortable and driver fatigue wasn't bad at all. Adaptive cruise control was clutch and made for an easy, drama free drive. I ended up averaging 26.5 MPG, which I was happy with.

All in all, it's been a perfect dd for my purposes. I like having an SUV for easily throwing in my hockey bag or golf clubs, but it's small enough for city driving and cramped parking garages. The extra ground clearance is nice too for the occasional blizzard.

Here is a pic along the St. Lawrence River on the Île d'Orléans, just outside of Quebec City. Pretty sure we were the only idiots in Quebec with Illinois license plates

Another picture after a wash and spray wax. I've always liked Ford's silver paint.

Last edited by MGLT; 09-27-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Richard Cranium CMC Boss429 Tight Lines's Avatar

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t have all the bells and whistles you have with mine being a 2015 but I love everything about it. My wife took over DD’ing it now that we bought an F150. I must say, I do like the F150 but I do miss my go kart as that’s what we call our Escape.
    2014 GT500 Sterling Gray
    2011 GT500 Race Red - SOLD
    2011 GTCS White - SOLD

Fuck Photobucket

Thread Information