Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How can we improve CMC?

Caliphate of CMC CMC Boss460 DirtyDan10's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crewwolfy View Post
    I would also say that getting rid of this shit would be a good step forward. Mustangs are associated with white males. We want to attract a larger audience? Burn the stereotypes.. Make it about the people that want to drive their stangs, and not worry about what statistic they fit. There are probably other threads I haven't seen that also deserve the axe. I don't recommend creating threads for minority communities, but I do encourage their growth. I'm totally fine with talking about 1/4 mile times and related. But a bunch of naked chic pics on a car forum site is out of place.
    Then again, the milkshake bring all the boys to they yard, so this may fall on deaf ears...
    And who the fuck are you?
    Tim Barth tuned
    --------------Secret Mod Racing INC. #9
    ---------------10th Anniversary Cobra Snob

-----------------------DirtyDan's Ride Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
    Dan you are my idol

Maybe, maybe not... Maybe **** yahself CMC Boss460 VenomousDSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan10 View Post
    And who the fuck are you?

2010 CMC Racecar of the year CMC Boss460 IZZy's Avatar

Not sure how getting rid of the tits and ass thread makes cmc more diversified?!

Do only white males like tits and ass?! Lol I know that is a negative
    Quote Originally Posted by UWISHU1 View Post
    2 cobras = twice the snob

CMC Derpminstrator CMC Administrator willyt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IZZy View Post
    Not sure how getting rid of the tits and ass thread makes cmc more diversified?!

Do only white males like tits and ass?! Lol I know that is a negative
    Needs more safe spaces.

Yeah. I get it. Cars and chics go together. AM has an annual calendar with bikini-clad white chics standing around a Mustang. And it's popular.

But what is the purpose of this thread? Obviously it's to improve the site; not a trick question. How do you improve it? I've given one or two potential answers, but let's focus on the inquiry. Is it a question of:
    * Customer Service: There isn't really a big sales position here. I'm sure there's an effort committed to sponsors, but it seems to be well executed, and offers little room for improvement without substantial commercial investment.
    * Functionality: The forum aspect works well, and I believe the news page does as well. There have been comments on the mobile app, so that's an option.
    * Content: I've already mentioned that I'd like to see improvement here. But I also understand the considerable level of effort and potentially monetary investment to do so.
    * Community: This is what my post addressed. Safe spaces, politically correct, all quite amusing. But this is essentially a digital marketing question. You have two options that are pretty easy to pursue: strengthen the community as is, or expand it. The T&A post easily strengthens the stereotypical Mustang crew. My position expands the community to welcome more people, more ideas, more meetings and more traffic. That increase to the community boosts the chances of strong or unique contribution, which increases the chances of national coverage, and ultimately increases the potential of the site. This obviously also increases the chances to see an amazing project car in person at one of the many potential meets.

Anyway, great comebacks, guys. I like to think that we all try to contribute to the site, but I'll redirect my digital marketing experience and general snowflake-ness toward the career, and stay away from the 4am club that appears to be more important to this community than I initially thought. Apologies for the distraction..
    2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT

Maybe, maybe not... Maybe **** yahself CMC Boss460 VenomousDSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDSG View Post
    Well said. I'll rescind my exclusion toward the 4am thread comment, and stay withing ToS. Your counter-argument was well thought out..
    2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT

Youth Marketing Manager CMC 281 ethan3w's Avatar

whats the 4am club?
    2017 Mustang GT in Grabber Blue GBMR: 1250
    "Blew Bye"
    Premium: Black Pack w/ Black roof, 401A, 6 speed
    Mods: AWE Touring Exhaust

Genuine vanilla face CMC SuperCobraJet Milhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ethan3w View Post
    whats the 4am club?
    Don't worry about it junior. You're too young!
    Jason

President CMC Hoffman Estates chapter
    1991 5.0 lx.....sold
    1998 GT current slow ass p.o.s.

TAJ 4 LYFE

Coyote Snob Member #075 CMC Boss429 Grabber's Avatar

@crewwolfy - So, you joined in 2008, have less than 400 posts and want to keep pushing the marketing thing around.

How many openers have you been to? How many track day events? How many members have you helped out, met up with, etc? As MGLT said in this thread, you get what you put in.

So, you admit you basically hang around this site mainly for the classifieds and the SN95 section, you bring a racist comment in, tell people to get rid of the "nude female" thread, post in said "nude female thread" with a guys ass and tell people to get their rocks off somewhere else.

I ask you, why do you care about naked females being on a car forum? Even if they were not naked, just bra & underwear or in a bikini, what difference does it make? Are you so naive that CMC is the only forum that has a thread like that? Take a look at TCG, SVTP, Corral, AFM, ModularFords, MustangForums, s197forum, mach1registry, etc. EVERY forum has something of this sort.

Now, if it offends you, fine. Stay away from it then and ignore it. Best bet, stick to the classified section if that's what your'e primarily here for.

You also say to get rid of the stereotype, yet, your post of "getting rid of this shit, Mustangs are associated with white males", don't you think that is stereotyping? It is, just in case you weren't aware that it was.
    2016 Durango R/T AWD - Billet Silver
    2014 GT - RACE RED -
    Ported CJ Manifold, SCJ Mono-Blade TB, Drew's Custom Intake, Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers, Kooks O/R H-pipe Borla S-Type Axle-backs Mcleod Clutch-Line, Steeda Motor Mounts - AED Tuned. 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ
    Built-by Dmark Performance - GONE

2005 GT -Vortech V2, 456 RWHP/394 RWTQ, 8 PSI - GONE

Former Coyote Snob Member #075

Thread Information