Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Tint Party - July 15th at Tint to U

^ Amateur Using Nitrous Oxide CMC Event Coordinator MGLT's Avatar

Default Official: Tint Party - July 15th at Tint to U

Based on the other thread that Jeff started, it looks like we have plenty of interest for a window tint party at Tint To U. We will be doing this on Saturday, July 15th, at Tint to U's shop in Orland Park, IL (see below for the shop address).

I put together the list of people from another thread who have expressed interest in a tint party. If I missed anyone, please let me know. Last year Jeff and his team completed 19 cars in a ~10 hour day. If you would like to have your windows tinted I will need you to confirm that you are absolutely IN and will not bail the day of.

Even if you're not getting your windows tinted, everyone from the club is welcome to come check out the shop, hang out with your friends / fellow club members, and have a great time!

Please post up your year, make, model to be tinted, and desired tint %. I will add the info to this list, so Jeff and his crew can be better prepared. Daily drivers are okay too!

For all questions regarding pricing, contact Jeff at Tint to U.

Thanks!

Shop Location:

Tint To U
    15516 S 70th Ct,
    Orland Park, IL 60462

www.tinttou.com

Start Time: 8:30 AM

List of cars to be tinted: I gave first dibs to those who expressed interest in the other thread. Please confirm if you are in for July 15. Let me know if I missed anyone!

1. @Coll Coll - 2014 Scion FRS
    2. @Gruca - 2014 Mustang Coupe - 35% ceramic + 80% windshield
    3. @fkur4v
    4. @BigJohnson - 03 Mustang GT coupe - windshield only
    5. @daveM
    6. @Brett_2003
    7. @Psyliptic - 2015+ Mustang Coupe
    8. Psyliptic's brother - 2015+ Mustang coupe
    9. MGLT - 90 Mustang hatchback - 35% ceramic + 80% ceramic on windshield.
    10. Steve B. - 2004 Mustang GT, all 5 windows, 20% (arrival around noon)
    11. .
    12. .
    13. .
    14. .

Standby:
    1. .
    2. .
    3. .
    4. .
    5. .

Here is the pricing info:

Complete Tint....... $ 200.00 any car type
    Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic film Upgrade (reg. $100.00) Only $50.00 (KEEPS OUT MORE OF SUNS'S HEAT AS COMPARED TO STANDARD HP CLASSIC FILM.)

Complete windshields (reg. 150/200) Classic film $ 125.00 Pinnacle Ceramic $150.00

Windshield Eyebrow / Strip (reg. $50.00) Only $40.00

Door Edge guards 2 doors $18.00 4 doors $ 24.00

If anyone would like to take advantage of the savings, but can not get vehicle done that day, all the specials can be purchased on or before the Tinting Party, July 15th. All installations must be completed by September 1st, 2017.

Illinois State Law and Guidelines (from Tint To U website):

Understanding Illinois Tinting Law

On October 30th, 2009, the State of Illinois passed bill HB3325, which allows both front and rear window tinting on all passenger vehicles. This does include SUVs and MPVs, but they have a different percentage allowable under the state law.

Most window film manufacturers classify their films by the amount of light that is allowed in. For example, a 5% tint will keep out 95% of sunlight. The smaller the number, the darker the film becomes, with the most common film shades being 50%, 35%, 30%, 20%, 15%, and 5%.

The glass in all the vehicles we service (without privacy glass) does have some tint installed at the factory. However, you must then factor this slight tint in in addition to the new film to determine the overall darkness level. For example, a 35% film with a "tinted factory glass" actually equals a 30% overall darkness.

The new State of Illinois law allows limited tinting on the front doors, while the old law allowed for no films on the front driver and passenger doors.

State of Illinois Car Tinting Guidelines:

Option 1:
    30% Net darkness on all vehicle windows, excluding the windshield. You must use a film, along with the "tint of the glass" that is no darker than 30%. Most window manufacturers and their 35% films meet this criteria.
    Option 2:
    For darker back windows, you may go up to 25% net darkness,. However, the front driver and passenger doors may only be treated with a 45% total film darkness. Most window manufacturers and their 30% films meet both the rear criteria and 50% front criteria.
    Option 3:
    For rear windows darker than 25%, no films are allowed on the front driver or passenger doors.

We reserve the right to refuse any work that may violate these regulations, but always work with our customers to educate them about the minimum state standards.
    Last edited by ADDDave; 07-14-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    -Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Richard Cranium CMC Boss429 Tight Lines's Avatar

I will do mine on a different day as mine will be warranty work. Might just come up and visit.

That may open two spots..... #challengerboat
    2014 GT500 Sterling Gray
    2011 GT500 Race Red - SOLD
    2011 GTCS White - SOLD

Fuck Photobucket

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

My brother and I will take your spot Tight Lines! We each have a S550. @MGLT can you schedule our time slots back to back?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyliptic View Post
    My brother and I will take your spot Tight Lines! We each have a S550. @MGLT can you schedule our time slots back to back?

I'll put your brother on standby. I'll bump him up higher on the list if someone else drops out, which is a pretty good chance since its pretty early still
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by MGLT View Post
    I'll put your brother on standby. I'll bump him up higher on the list if someone else drops out, which is a pretty good chance since its pretty early still
    Sounds good, thanks!

Registered User CMC Boss302 Coll Coll's Avatar

I should still be in. The car that I want tinted got hit in a fender bender, so hopefully i'll have it back from the collision place by then. If not Ill let you know asap
    Fox Snob Club Member 0009

Registered User CMC Boss302 Coll Coll's Avatar

also, the car is a 2014 Scion FRS, looking for rear and sides to be tinted
    Fox Snob Club Member 0009

CMC Paid Sponsor CMC Sponsor rpaz61's Avatar

Windy City Croftgate will be there as well hanging out and giving demos for those who are interested! Jeff and I already spoke and he's OK with me being there.

Let me know what tint % you guys want also. That way Jeff is prepared and has enough on hand. Last time the most popular was 35%, which is the legal limit.
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

BLACK SUNSHINE CMC Boss429 JETZGT1's Avatar

I will be getting mine done at a different time as it requires a tear off first. Will still attend.
    JASON T.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT
    Resident SHITBAG

Standing Around Drinking by the Junk in the Garage Racing #001

Thread Information