Thread: Is my Cam Phaser Bad?

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie! Satin Silver 05 GT's Avatar

Default Is my Cam Phaser Bad?

Recently I had the P0345 Code come up so I changed both cam sensors, code is still there and soundlike its misfiring and shaking. I changed the alternator and battery also, didn't workout, next I pulled the valve covers off noticed the cam phaser in bank 1 were kinda knicked up and looked like it hit the valve cover also. Will changing the cam phaser out fix the problem timing?? No loose timing chain or nothing image.jpeg

CMC Newbie CMC Newbie! Satin Silver 05 GT's Avatar

*timing is okay too

Senior Member CMC CobraJet ModularMadMan's Avatar
    From Donald Trump's "Basket Of Deplorables"

That's most likely it...
    A while back, I purchased a non running 3v F250 from a used car lot and had it towed home.
    Turns out that the engine wouldn't start because the reluctor wheel on right cam phaser had spun from sheared anchoring roll pins.
    Ironically, the engine started right up when the camshaft position sensor for that phaser was left unplugged.
    Check a service manual before you remove that phaser. The timing chain must be wedged in position before you remove the phaser. If the timing chain drops free, you'll have to remove the timing cover to re-time that cam to your crank.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Post Dislike Butthurt Victims Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Thread Information