Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Favorite Detailing Products?

^ Amateur Using Nitrous Oxide CMC Administrator MGLT's Avatar

Default What Are Your Favorite Detailing Products?

Spring is here and car show season is just around the corner. I'm currently repleneshing my arsenal of detailing supplies and I'm sure others are as well. Today I bought some new stuff and had trouble deciding what I wanted because there are so many options!

Wash:

• I've always used Meg's Gold Class, but just recently switched over to Zymol. Zymol seems to have better lubricity and more suds, so thats been my new go to.

Wax: I can't just choose one favorite, so here are my top 3:

• Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax - This stuff is amazing for the price. It looks amazing on dark colored cars, but will look good on light colors too. This is an awesome wax to use for car shows. It fills in some light swirls and minor imperfections, which makes it perfect for prepping for a show when you don't have time to polish the car. It leaves a really wet glossy look and durability is decent too.

• Collonite #845 - This stuff is awesome for daily drivers and also light colored vehicles. One application easily lasts for 4 to 5 months, and it's dirt cheap. By far one of the best bang for your buck products. It beads water like crazy even after several washes.

• Pinnacle Liquid Souveran - This stuff applies super easy and durability is decent. It added a nice warm glow to my silver car that I used to own, and it makes the metal flake pop on metallic paints.

Polish:

• I'm still experimenting here to see what works best for me. I've been using Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish. Both work well for minor paint correction. The Advanced Swirl Remover works well on a Lake Country orange cutting pad. It removes light swirls as its supposed to, but isn't abrasive enough to do paint correction on neglected paint. When followed up with Advanced Finishing Polish on a Lake Country white pad, the car is left with a clear glossy finish. The finishing polish brings clarity to the paint and removes small micro imperfections. The car is now ready for a sealant or wax after this step.

Tire Shine

• I really haven't found one I like. I prefer a semi gloss look that leaves the tires looking clean. Pinnacle Black Onyx is my favorite so far, but it tends to sling a little bit. Normally I don't touch armor all products, but I've found that their tire gel is actually pretty decent. When applied in thin coats, it doesn't sling too bad and it leaves a semi glossy finish.

Quick Detailer:

• The original Meguairs stuff works great for the price and convenience. It doesn't streak and it lubricates pretty well. Lately I've switched over to Griot's, but if you're not paying attention it will streak. Some microfiber towels work better than others when using Griot's QD.

What is everyone else using? Post up what you will be using to detail your car for the opener
    Last edited by MGLT; 05-01-2015 at 09:16 AM.
    -Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Caliphate of CMC CMC Boss460 DirtyDan10's Avatar

Adams car polishes , NUFF said. They're Americana wax is
    Tim Barth tuned
    --------------Secret Mod Racing INC. #9
    ---------------10th Anniversary Cobra Snob

-----------------------DirtyDan's Ride Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
    Dan you are my idol

2015 TOTY CMC Boss460 Ryan02Stang's Avatar

I love Meg's Natural Shine for the interior too. Gives a nice shine without making it look extreme glossy....
    2002 Laser Red GT
    2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost
    2015 Explorer Sport

Registered User CMC Boss302 bad lad's Avatar

Haven't waxed my car in over 5 years. I wash it once at the beginning of the season and just use a california duster ( unwashed ) before I take the car out.

Registered User CMC Newbie! Bruno's06's Avatar

I use Eagle 1 wipe and shine 90% of the time really works great and easy to use.
    2006 GT, Tungsten Grey, K&N drop in filter
    Pro 50 shifter, Flowmaster American Thunder axle backs
    17 in. Chrome SVT Bullitt wheels.

DEF LEPPARD SUCKS! CMC Boss460 fkur4v's Avatar

Steel wool, brake fluid, and farts

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give A Hoot CMC Boss460 BeerOrGasoline's Avatar

Matt come wax my truck. I have some new stuff for you to try.

^ Amateur Using Nitrous Oxide CMC Administrator MGLT's Avatar

I just ordered Chemical Guys V34 and V36 Polishes. I also ordered a 10 oz bottle of Klasse AIO. Everyone on the detailing forums has raved about this stuff, so I figured I'll finally give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerOrGasoline View Post
    Matt come wax my truck. I have some new stuff for you to try.
    Pre-opener detailing party?
    -Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Ready for this... CMC Boss460 Chris91LX's Avatar

I love when someone else does the detailing for me. I'll weld and grind and wrench all day, but I hate detailing my car.

my car will be getting a buff with 3m polishes and then top coated with poor boys natty blue. @FastGT94 what were you using on these wheels looking to polish the piss out of them

Thread Information