Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rebirth of GRAFIX 00' GT

Cool The Rebirth of GRAFIX 00' GT

So as many of you know I wrecked my 00' GT on July 18th. It's gone through some extensive repairs to get it back.. better than ever! I was fortunate to come across a cmc member's dad (Pauly) who owns a body/frame shop in Oak Lawn - Precision Frame Inc.. After talking to him at the scene I had him tow it to his shop and he gave me a tour of his facility. I was actually really impressed with the cars he was working on. He does a lot of restorations of classic cars as well as all the OL cop cars. I decided I felt comfortable enough to have them do the work. I'm 100% glad I did!! They did a phenomenal job and were easy to work with. I had a lot of custom/extras done that they were more than happy to do. I ended up having the whole quarter panel replaced. In addition, I had the whole side repainted. As far as framework, the cross-member was slightly dis-formed/bent, skid plate was a replaced, and the whole rear axle was replaced and gears swapped from my old one to the new one (I have 3.73s). The axle was bent on the "inside" and couldn't be visible to the naked eye. They found that out when they tried to do an alignment and couldn't get it perfect. Axle swap was done by Chicago Driveline

On to the pictures!!

Here's the initial scene.

Here it's at Precision with the quarter panel removed.

When they told me that the front bumper was going to be sanded/resprayed I did some thinking about just getting a 03/04 cobra termi bumper since I was going to have to get the GT one repainted. So I decided to go with the cobra one (Go big or go home!!) with bezels and fog lights. I also got new smoked projector headlights which really look great with the contrast!

Here's the new quarter panel welded into place.

The rims were going to be replaced/refinished. So I decided to get some Chrome Cobra rims from AmericanMuscle to really make it pop instead of having the stock GT rims.
    (picture will be below with the final car)

Time to hit the paint booth!

Finished!!!

*Bonus: They took my old chin spoiler off of my GT bumper textured/repainted it and also installed it. It looks great! I'll have to take a picture with it on there.*

Well, this is all I have so far! Hope everyone likes it!
    Magnaflow Magnapack Catback, Magnaflow O/R X-Pipe, C&L Plenum+Throttle Body, Koni STR.T Shocks/Strut,
    Cobra Brakes, Battery Relocated to Trunk, 3.73 Gears, MM Control Arms, Welded Subframe Connectors, Eibach Sway Bars,
    B&M Trans Cooler, Underdrive Pulleys, MM 6pt Cage, Aluminum Driveshaft, Carbon Fiber Everything

wow looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    wow looks great!
    Thanks! I'm really happy with the outcome!
    Magnaflow Magnapack Catback, Magnaflow O/R X-Pipe, C&L Plenum+Throttle Body, Koni STR.T Shocks/Strut,
    Cobra Brakes, Battery Relocated to Trunk, 3.73 Gears, MM Control Arms, Welded Subframe Connectors, Eibach Sway Bars,
    B&M Trans Cooler, Underdrive Pulleys, MM 6pt Cage, Aluminum Driveshaft, Carbon Fiber Everything

Caliphate of CMC CMC Boss460 DirtyDan10's Avatar

Looks nice u should be more careful
    Tim Barth tuned
    --------------Secret Mod Racing INC. #9
    ---------------10th Anniversary Cobra Snob

-----------------------DirtyDan's Ride Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
    Dan you are my idol

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan10 View Post
    Looks nice u should be more careful
    Yep! Going to drive like an old granny for a little while

Senior Member CMC Boss460 rpmchi86's Avatar

Came out very nice. I'm sure after its all set and done you'll be more careful with it. Like those rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It is set and done! I have it in the driveway! Picked it up yesterday after work! Thanks I really love those rims too!

Angel #2 - M. Chief of SMR CMC Boss460 BlazinAngelx's Avatar

That came out sick man. Good work on the wheel upgrade lol
    Secret Mod Racing Inc. #001
    Just Bummin In My Evo X My Ride Thread★

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinAngelx View Post
    Thanks! Insurance was allowing $180/rim for replace/refinish.. These were on AM for $157/each... That's a no brainer!!

Registered User CMC Boss351 Chimmers 13 GT500's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinAngelx View Post

X2

2013 GT Premium Pkg SOLD

2011 Ford Edge limited wifeys

Thread Information