Thread: MGLT's Kona Blue 2012 Boss 302

^ Amateur Using Nitrous Oxide CMC Administrator MGLT's Avatar

And one more video

-Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Bags tournament setter-upper CMC Administrator ADDDave's Avatar

Does that guy with the yellow new edge also have a 350? Tyler? I think I kinda know him maybe met him once and prolly saw pics of the 350 when you guys did the Tail haha. If I'm even thinking of the right guy...
    #triple0crew

Quote Originally Posted by ADDDave View Post
    Does that guy with the yellow new edge also have a 350? Tyler? I think I kinda know him maybe met him once and prolly saw pics of the 350 when you guys did the Tail haha. If I'm even thinking of the right guy...
    Yeah that's Tyler. He used to be active with CMC years ago, but moved further south. He used to organize the starved rock cruise when he lived in Morris.
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

I got my pictures from the track photographer at Blackhawk Farms. I've had the drag racing bug for a long time, but now I think I'm catching the road course bug too .

I was really impressed by how well the Boss handled. It kept it's composure through the corners, always felt like it was in it's powerband on corner exit, and pulled like a freight train on the straights. It has just enough of a raw unrefined feeling to remind you that you're driving a Mustang. It felt nice and neutral without any understeer. The car gives plenty of feedback to let you know when you're pushing it too hard or not being smooth enough.

Last edited by MGLT; 10-01-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Quote Originally Posted by MGLT View Post
    Yeah that's Tyler. He used to be active with CMC years ago, but moved further south. He used to organize the starved rock cruise when he lived in Morris.
    Oh nice! I bought wheels off of him years back. Why'd he take the New Edge instead of the 350?

Awesome pics! I still need to sort through all the ones that were taken when I drove the Tail of the Dragon - I didn't realize there are like 4 photography companies who set up along it, lots of pics to sift through!
    #triple0crew

Quote Originally Posted by ADDDave View Post
    Oh nice! I bought wheels off of him years back. Why'd he take the New Edge instead of the 350?

Awesome pics! I still need to sort through all the ones that were taken when I drove the Tail of the Dragon - I didn't realize there are like 4 photography companies who set up along it, lots of pics to sift through!
    If you remember the times you drove through the dragon, it makes it easier to find your pics.

Tyler probably just didn't want to abuse his new car. He has his new edge completely gutted and setup for road course duties now.

He did the smart thing. I had a blast but I definitely got a handful of new rock chips on my car and I have to adjust the exhaust to fix a rattle. The road course is just really hard on a car.
    -Matt

1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Quote Originally Posted by MGLT View Post
    If you remember the times you drove through the dragon, it makes it easier to find your pics.

Tyler probably just didn't want to abuse his new car. He has his new edge completely gutted and setup for road course duties now.

He did the smart thing. I had a blast but I definitely got a handful of new rock chips on my car and I have to adjust the exhaust to fix a rattle. The road course is just really hard on a car.
    Yeah I've found all my pics, just need to go through them to see if any are worth buying.

Completely makes sense.
    #triple0crew

Thread Information