Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 138

Thread: Car and driver: Ford unveils 50th anv. Mustang

  1. #61
    UPS Whore Extraordinaire CMC SuperCobraJet jimmysfords's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Charles
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    That is NOT a Mustang from any angle you look at it. We need that muscle look as long as Mustang is alive.
    This
    this message is paid for by 'CMCers For A Better Newb Next Year'

    Warning: The above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm!


  2. #62
    Formerly known as PJA613 CMC Boss429 Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NW Side of Chicago
    Posts
    3,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffs FRC View Post
    Agreed. It sounds like most just want Ford to keep updating the S197 until the end of time...
    Uh no. Needs to be changed. 10 years of essentially the same body style is way too long.
    2002 True Blue GT

  3. #63
    CMC Owner CMC Boss460 Jeffs FRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Carpentersville
    Posts
    17,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Uh no. Needs to be changed. 10 years of essentially the same body style is way too long.
    10 years is a pretty standard run for a generation of any american sports/muscle car. Usually longer...
    90 Coupe <---Junk
    13 F150 FX4-Snowflake

  4. #64
    Formerly known as PJA613 CMC Boss429 Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NW Side of Chicago
    Posts
    3,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffs FRC View Post
    10 years is a pretty standard run for a generation of any american sports/muscle car. Usually longer...
    now that I think about it, yeah it is. however, I am really curious to see what the next body style looks like, so it needs to get here sooner. haha
    2002 True Blue GT

  5. #65
    'Cuz I'm a cowboy In a steel horse I ride CMC Boss351 spray2play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Frankfort Il.
    Posts
    925

    Default

    If the manufacturers did not make changes and evolve designs who would buy new cars. I still cannot see any resemblance to an original slowmaro unless I squint my eyes and stare at the quarter panel gills. Yet the govt. motors has the bowtie loyals standing in line because they missed their baby, and life goes on. Every time a new design hits it has its love/hate image and acceptance til the next shock to hit the market. The hardest thing I have to deal with is that we are 3 months til '12 is over and we are worried about a car that has 1&1/2-2 years to make its debut. Lets slow it down a little and enjoy the here and now model. Just my thoughts.
    [LIST][*]2013 Subaru Outback LTD-my blue oval has stars[*]1965 Mustang 2+2 A-code 4spd from AZ never rusted/wrecked and it's new again at 50
    1969 Ford Galaxie XL Convertible....original 1owner car

  6. #66
    Registered User CMC Boss302 p302stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spray2play View Post
    If the manufacturers did not make changes and evolve designs who would buy new cars. I still cannot see any resemblance to an original slowmaro unless I squint my eyes and stare at the quarter panel gills. Yet the govt. motors has the bowtie loyals standing in line because they missed their baby, and life goes on. Every time a new design hits it has its love/hate image and acceptance til the next shock to hit the market. The hardest thing I have to deal with is that we are 3 months til '12 is over and we are worried about a car that has 1&1/2-2 years to make its debut. Lets slow it down a little and enjoy the here and now model. Just my thoughts.
    You need to get your eyes check the camaro is loaded with hints of the past cars the guages are 1st gen the 1/2 panel gills 69 camaro the upper and lower grill's is a 2nd gen thing it's all different but it's obvious the car uses past styling in it's design.

  7. #67
    CMC's Mopar Salesman CMC Sponsor Renesis07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Plainfield IL
    Posts
    11,579

    Default

    Hooray a Taurus Coupe!!!

    Where's the Mustang?
    Chris K - Hawk Chrysler Dodge Jeep - 708-366-1001 ext 6159
    2006 Mustang GT (Sold & totalled) - 2012 Mustang GT Hellyote (Current)
    3V Brigade Member #001

    Coyote Snob Member #071

  8. #68
    Angel #2 - M. Chief of SMR CMC Boss460 BlazinAngelx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chicago/SS, IL
    Posts
    6,815

    Default

    Ill pass
    Secret Mod Racing Inc. #001
    Just Bummin In My Evo X My Ride Thread★

  9. #69
    UPS Whore Extraordinaire CMC SuperCobraJet jimmysfords's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Charles
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    looks like somebody stopped the next gen test car again



    this time with body mods
    this message is paid for by 'CMCers For A Better Newb Next Year'

    Warning: The above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm!


  10. #70
    CMC O.G. Member CMC Boss460 synister281's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wrigleyville, Chicago
    Posts
    12,896

    Default

    To put it into perspective, remember back in 1993 when the "Mach III" concept came out?



    Despite what hardcore MUSTANG fans thought of the foxbody, sales were going down. The first re-design in nearly 15 years happened when the 1994 SN95's dropped and put the MUSTANG back at the top. People bought it up like crazy.

    This is the next evolution that is necessary to the "survival" of the Mustang. It has to be a complete redesign and appeal to a broader audience, including US MUSTANG peoples.

    Whatever comes out, some won't like it (like the 1994 at the time) and many will fall in love... which is why the is car has been going for so many years.


    Thats my inspirational speech for the day.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •