Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 94-95 Long tubes for AODE

CMC Admin CMC Administrator FastGT94's Avatar

BBK does offer ceramic headers, just maybe not from American Muscle. Check out their website, or I think Summit racing carries BBK as well.

I prefer BBK because of their single flange design. I've had BBKs on mine for about 8 years and they barely show any signs of wear.
    -Dale
    CMC SN95 Crew #002
    Low dyno numbers/respectable ET member #001

OCD GT (click)

|CMC| Chicagoland Mustang Club, YOUR Chicago Illinois based Mustang Club

Senior Member CMC CobraJet RatedSVT's Avatar

Well did find out that bbk makes a ceramic version part # 15310. Still don't know if it will fit my 95 or not. Pretty hefty price tag too $549

95GT: 347 Stroker
    2011: SVT Raptor
    2009: Shelby GT500

Senior Member CMC Boss429

I had those on my car before I switched to the 1 3/4" primaries but they are a tight fit with my C4. The clear the bell just fine but the driver dies O2 would not fit on the inside facing the trans, I had to weld a bung on the outside facing away from the trans. But over all my BBK have been great, but make sure you get the ceramic coating on them. Keeps em looking nice and keeps the heat down under the hood.
    Joel

Senior Member CMC Boss429

Quote Originally Posted by RatedSVT View Post
    Well did find out that bbk makes a ceramic version part # 15310. Still don't know if it will fit my 95 or not. Pretty hefty price tag too $549
    You gotta pay to play. Plus remember you'll need a matching long tube H or X pipe as well so throw another 200-300 for that as well. When we redid my exhaust this summer I had $800 just in headers and X pipe
    Joel

Well I was thinking I could just chop up the off road Xpipe thats on their now & use that for the mid pipe. Anyone know if id need a retune with the LT?

Custom Tuner CMC Sponsor DynotuneMP's Avatar

The problem with LT on anything 95 and old is the 02 sensors are not heated. They get their heat from the engine and have to reach 650* to work properly. By putting the long tubes on you could have idle issues and fuel mileage could suffer. By the time you add up the cost and hassle I just don't think it's worth the 10hp.
    www.DynotuneMP.com

847-347-5331 or email: Mike@DynotuneMP.com

We have the Lowest prices in Northern IL on Vortech,Paxton, and Pro-Charger super chargers.

Vortech Superchargers for as little as $2,599.00 INSTALLED!!!Paxton Superchargers starting at $2659.00 INSTALLED!!!

VISA & MASTERCARD accepted

Quote Originally Posted by DynotuneMP View Post
    The problem with LT on anything 95 and old is the 02 sensors are not heated. They get their heat from the engine and have to reach 650* to work properly. By putting the long tubes on you could have idle issues and fuel mileage could suffer. By the time you add up the cost and hassle I just don't think it's worth the 10hp.
    Thanks for clearing that up Mr. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DynotuneMP View Post
    I hate to thread jack but I've been debating this in my head for sometime. I have lt headers i want to install but don't want additional issues. Would you recommend shorties or just leaving the manifolds stock? thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    Trescott Racing #001

Custom Tuner CMC Sponsor DynotuneMP's Avatar

Aftermarket shorties are the hot setup on these older Mustangs. 1996 or newer LT work great.
    www.DynotuneMP.com

847-347-5331 or email: Mike@DynotuneMP.com

We have the Lowest prices in Northern IL on Vortech,Paxton, and Pro-Charger super chargers.

Vortech Superchargers for as little as $2,599.00 INSTALLED!!!Paxton Superchargers starting at $2659.00 INSTALLED!!!

VISA & MASTERCARD accepted

5.0 hoarder CMC Event Coordinator MGLT's Avatar

Is there any real gain to be had by switching from shorty to long tubes? I'm considering swapping from Bassani equal lengths to those BBK long tubes, but I'm wondering if its worth spending the money.
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mee14x View Post
    lets face it MG is dreamy
    Round Da Block NON-Racer #002
    Pencil Pusher Racing #001

Get Your Official CMC Gear Here:
    http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/fo...re-is-now-OPEN!

Thread Information