Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: A lot of Emissions ???? answered in HERE

Registered User CMC Boss302 LOW E.T.'s Avatar

Default A lot of Emissions ???? answered in HERE

A friend of mine just failed his emissions test (07-stage 2 blower cams- vortech h/o) with a bren tune.. called them and was informed that they shut off the o2's on all thier tunes.. I will have this problem then next year. anyone else ever had this issue with a bren tune?
    08 gt premium 5-speed/Airaid/ KURGAN tune/ 4.10's / Borla Stingers / Stage 2 Thumper cams/ polished alum 20's 275's and 315's , supercharger next and more to come

I'm not part of your system!!! CMC Boss460 Haze28's Avatar

How did he fail? If they were shut off correctly no codes will be thrown and he should have passed with flying colors.

I took my 2006 in for emissions right after my cam install and the car was running rich as hell and they passed me.

30 PACK RACING #009

Senior Member CMC CobraJet SuperSonic05's Avatar

they gave me three tune with my cams. 93 o2 off, 91 o2 off, and 93 o2 on.
    05 Sonic blue Mustang GT
    5spd with 4.10
    Comp Cams 127200 NSR stage 2 cams, C&L Racer CAI with D Mark Performance tune, JBA LT headers with catted H pipe and mac axle backs, BMR LCA's & Panhard Bar, J&M ADJ UCA, CHE K-member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters, Steeda UDP, Charge Motion Delete Plates, Dynotech 3.5 Drive shaft, and tinted window by Tint To U
    13.02 @ 106.24 (1.83)
    320HP 317QA

Registered User CMC Boss302 LOW E.T.'s Avatar

failed for : converter not ready, o2 not ready and heat sensor not ready
    08 gt premium 5-speed/Airaid/ KURGAN tune/ 4.10's / Borla Stingers / Stage 2 Thumper cams/ polished alum 20's 275's and 315's , supercharger next and more to come

somehow i never had to take my car for emissions when i had it, so i have no idea. i assume they shut them off to where they would show "not ready" and therefore not pass

CMC Drift King CMC Boss351 lou cypher's Avatar

You failed because your monitors reported not ready & a tuner would have to confirm this,but I believe all three of those issues are related to having your rear o2's shut off.......I believe older cars are allowed to have 2 monitors report not ready......I believe newer cars are only allowed 1 monitor to report as not ready or incomplete.....that being said my uncle had problems passing emissions with a n/a Brenspeed tune in his 05 GT. He had put his stock air box back on w/ stock tune & drive for a few hundred miles to reset his monitors before it would pass. I had a Brenspeed n/a tune on my 96 Cobra w/ no cats & I passed no problem.
    Last edited by lou cypher; 04-04-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Luis.

1996 Mystic Cobra--#790 of #2000 Mystics, #5008 of #7496 Cobras. Vortech Blown, A2A Intercooled, Full Mac Exhaust, Completely Adj. Suspension, Tubular K-Member/ A-Arms, Fully Built, Welded, Straightened, Rear End with 4.10 Gear/ Diff Cover/ Upper & Lower Rear Arms. And a whole, whole lot more.....

^ Amateur Using Nitrous Oxide CMC Administrator MGLT's Avatar

My 06 has tunes from bamachips with the rear O2s shut off and my car passed with no problems. Give Brenspeed a call and see of they can send you an emmisions compliant tune file, otherwise give Tim at Mr. Norm's a call.
    -Matt

2012 Mustang Boss 302 - Garage Queen Edition
    1990 Mustang 5.0 LX - Round the block race car
    1988 Mustang 5.0 GT

Senior Member CMC SuperCobraJet It's me Mario's Avatar

Just took my 03 thru emissions a few hrs ago passed with no problems

blown92
    Blown 92

Administrator CMC Administrator UWISHU1's Avatar

got to be the tune.
    2015 GT DIB #1

A CMC Brown Guy CMC Boss429 Jledezma1's Avatar

I had a bamachips tune and took my car in for emissions and didn't pass. I had the same problem that is coming up "not ready" I got a tune from Tim @ Mr. Norms and passed without a problem, give him a call

" Nothing is impossible, only hard"

2006 Mustang GT:
    http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/fo...ad.php?t=46594

Thread Information